Why am I here?

     I woke up this morning with a question. “Why am I here right now?”  I’ll ask myself that question dozens of times throughout my day. Sometimes, the good Lord answers that question. Sometimes, He smiles and tells me he has given me enough clues to figure it out on my own. 

     He puts people in my path that change my path, or I change theirs. Twice in my life, he put a pastor of a church in my path that changed my point of view. Their honesty touched my soul. I’m a better man having walked the path with them. 

      Twice he’s put a pastor in my path that changed my view of religion and people in general.   They spoke in the name of God, but they acted in their own self interest. You can do anything in the name of God and consider yourself forgiven. It may not be the case, but my job is not to judge but to categorize. 

      What does that mean?  It means that I need to put people in their place within my space. I’m not in charge of the world, I do have some control over my little piece of it. 

     So if I’ve ever written or said something that made you smile, laugh, or ticked you off enough that you stood up for something you believe in, God put you in my path for a reason.  Welcome to my world, I hope your day is a good one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories

The Colorado Potato Beetle