Vivid dreams.

Last night I sat in my chair with my legs up and tilted back slightly. Louie was between my knees. I fell asleep and slipped into a vivid dream. 


I don’t know if you ever had a vivid dream, but to me it’s like a shift in reality. One moment I’m sitting in my chair petting Louie. I blink my eyes, and I am now sitting in a medieval tavern. 


I was eating a stew made of root vegetables and broth. It wasn’t great, but it was food. Elden sauntered up to the table and sat across from me. It had been several days since I’d won what little coin he’d had in a card game. He eyed my bowl of stew and flagon of mead before speaking. 


“It must be nice to buy mead and stew,” Elden said with a touch of disgust. 


“I’ll pay for a bowl of stew for you if you like,” I said. 


Elden pull a blade and pointed it at my throat. I dropped my spoon in the bowl and looked at him. 


“The bounty on your head will feed me for a month,” Elden said with a smile.  


The smile disappeared as he felt my short sword glide up his inner thigh. The point dug in just below his belt buckle. 


I smiled as he dropped…my cell phone. It hit Louie’s head and he jumped off my lap. 


It’s like the power going out during a movie I’ve been waiting to watch. The only difference is the movie in my head will never make it to DVD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories

Why am I here?

The Colorado Potato Beetle