Fifty years and counting.

It’s a bit strange to realize I’ve been on this planet for over half a century. Along the way I’ve learned things from my wife, my parents, my extended family, and my friends. My mistakes have guided me from time to time as I meet new challenges. Some things my children have taught me with patience being one of those lessons. 


Sometimes my patience wears thin. Here’s something you should know. After that half a century, I’ve become set in my ways and confident in my abilities. If I haven’t asked your opinion about some aspect of my life in that first fifty years, it’s a pretty safe bet that I never will. While everyone’s opinion is important, my opinion is first and foremost the one that I will take to heart.  


At this point in the game I only answer to my wife and God. Some people should be very happy that she is around to keep my temper in check. Without her, I’d probably have a judge or two whose opinion would have been very important over the years. 


I Love you, Lori. Don’t ever doubt that. You are the force that keeps me grounded. I would journey to the edge of hell to protect you and bring hell to the doorstep of anyone who puts you in danger. You are my everything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colorado Potato Beetle

Disciples among us.

Why am I here?