Family is forever…

​    

    There are some unique things about being from a large family. When I was young, we were very close. My cousins were all big parts of my life. I visited aunts and uncles with my parents and later by myself. 

      There was always someone to visit and share memories with. 

      When we started families of our own, we didn’t have as much time for one another as we did before. We still saw each other at grandpa and grandma’s house.  Once grandpa and grandma were gone, we ran into each other less and less. 

      There’s a funny thing about family that loves one another and drifts apart. The feelings you had when you drifted apart remain. Years may pass, but those feelings remain. 

      Sometimes, the only time we see our relatives is a funeral. The worst is when the funeral is theirs. You stand with family members and reminisce about the past for a while, then you follow to the final resting place. 

     We promise to stay in touch, but for the most part we don’t. We get back to our busy lives and push the funerals to the back of our mind until we meet again. 

     At this point in my life, I want my family to know that when I am the reason for a family gathering, I love you all and will give your love to those who passed before us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colorado Potato Beetle

Disciples among us.

Why am I here?