Cancun Crocodiles




    I was flipping through Netflix yesterday and saw a documentary about what it takes to make a cruise happen.  It was very interesting.  Alot of people work twelve-hour days to make sure we have a good time on the cruise.  Food, entertainment, and cleaning require tons of time and effort to pull off a successful cruise.  
    I've been on two cruises.  Both have been on Princess Cruise Lines.  I was actually surprised how the price of a cruise compared to a vacation here in the United States.  Don't get me wrong about the United States.  I've on plenty of weekend and weeklong vacations here. I've also been to Cancun twice.  Again, comparable to a vacation here in the States.
    The documentary got me thinking about our first trip to Cancun.  Somewhere in the documentary, they showed the image of a crocodile.  We'd been in Cancun for four days, and my daughter was six at the time.  She wanted food she was used to.  We took a bus ride to McDonald's on the strip.  When we were done eating, we hopped in a taxi to avoid the wait for a bus and the twenty stops before we got to our hotel.
    My wife, daughter, and Mother-in-Law sat in the back seat while I sat in the front with the driver.  He spoke English quite well, and we were making small talk when I saw a sign that said, "Caution! Crocodile Crossing."  I asked the driver about the sign, and he informed me that the lagoon was full of them.
    The day before, my wife and I had went snorkeling on the coral reef off the coast of Mexico.  To get to the reef, you had to drive a small speed boat through the lagoon to the Caribbean.  On numerous occasions on that boat ride, the boat felt like it hit something in the water.  I'm just glad we didn't see any of them.
    I didn't take the snorkeling trip the second time we went.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colorado Potato Beetle

Disciples among us.

Why am I here?