The legendary 10 mm socket returns…

  

   I’ve been a tool nut for a long time.  I think Lori picks job that requires me to buy a tool because she knows it will get done faster. 

     I went into Sears many years ago and saw a new set of sockets called pass through sockets made by Gearwrench. This set of sockets were open in the middle which eliminates the need for deep well sockets. You just slip the socket over the bolt and put it on the nut. 

     They were expensive at $95.00, but I needed them.  Okay, I’d need them at some point in the future. I did need them soon after and thousands of times since then. 

      My brother-in-law needed some metric sockets to work on a car he was selling.  I took my pass through set to him. The guy that bought the car had picked it up when I went to pick up my sockets. 

      When I got there, he gave me the bad news. My 10 millimeter pass through socket had fallen down in the motor and disappeared as 10 mm sockets tend to do. 

      I went to Sears to see if they sold a replacement sockets. They did not. I looked on eBay for replacements. They were there for half the price of the entire set. 

     I hung my head in defeat. The next day I followed the route that the new owner of the car had taken on his way home. I crossed the Kelley Avenue bridge and approached the stop sign at Canal Street. I saw a glint of something shiny in the middle of the intersection. 

     I got out of my car and walked up to area I saw glint of steel and there it was. My 10 mm pass through socket had fallen out from its hiding spot deep in the crevices of the motor it had fallen into. 

      This may be the only time in history that a wild 10 mm socket was captured and returned home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colorado Potato Beetle

Disciples among us.

Why am I here?